Friday 2 December 2011

Islam for Children

Islam for Children

Part of the RE Agreed Syllabus for Oxfordshire is to learn about a selection of World religions. In our school we look at five major religions, Islam is one of them.

I have written this information for children between the ages of seven and eleven. It is therefore simplistic. I hope that nobody has reason to find anything within offensive, but if what I have written offends you I apologise. Please contact me and I will change it. Carol Rainbow

 

 



 

 

A young Muslim girl from the United State has recently sent me this poem to
add to the page. Many thanks to Alexandria aged 10.
 
 When The Bell Rings.
 
When the bell rings,
It turns into spring.
the first site of the sun,
All the kids go out to run.
I like to ride my bike,
Watching my brother as he rides his trike.
then when it is finally night,
we go in to take a bite.
then we pray,
To get ready to start a new day!!!

 

Some of the clip art images of Islamic calligraphy giving verses from The Qur'an are courtesy of Hypermart.net

 

 

Islamic Calligraphy for Personal Computer



Many thanks to Mrs G. Hunt of the Banbury Resources unit who made it possible for me to borrow books and
artefacts.

Many thanks to friends who lent me photographs.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment